By: Andy Jones, vice president, Workflow Automation, Xerox
Today’s workplace is dramatically different from 10 or even five years ago. New technological advancements are improving the way we work – and a business’ bottom line. But just as the technology has improved, the amount of content being produced has exploded. In fact, according to IDC, the digital universe is doubling every two years.
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platforms help businesses work better and address the growing challenges stemming from this content explosion by digitizing, processing, and enabling sharing of content in a secure system. But the benefits of ECM extend far beyond digitization and security. Organizations that manage content effectively hold a significant competitive advantage – employees are more productive, and in turn, are able to provide better customer service.
The new Xerox DocuShare 7.0 platform can provide your organization with a central ECM repository, on premise or in the cloud. DocuShare 7.0 is ECM for every organization, including emerging startups and SMBs—helping knowledge workers, departments and lines-of-business capture, store, manage, find, and share all the documents that drive their day-to-day business.
Key features of DocuShare 7.0:
- Simplified Interactions and Personalization: All interactions have been simplified to stay within a three-click range, reducing the learning curve and promoting adoption. Users can personalize their view of content, organizing file systems as they wish.
- Web Drag-and-Drop: Drag-and-drop allows users to upload content to the web with one simple step, and employees can also download multiple files simultaneously to a zip file for easy sharing and collaboration.
- Cloud Delivery: DocuShare is available both on premise and via a secure private cloud. All features and functionality are available to your employees with either option. Our fully-managed private cloud service offers increased organizational agility, easy mobile access and reduced IT load in a dedicated private cloud that supports data safety and IT governance.
- Mobile Access: Work is no longer confined to the four walls of your office, nor is it limited to a single computing device. The web UI is flexible and responsive to work across desktop and mobile devices. A Mobile Client for DocuShare enables knowledge workers to access, manage, share, and print content stored in DocuShare from any Android or iOS device, wherever they are. With mobile support, workers in all industries can maximize their productivity and ensure timely responses to business needs.
- Intelligent Capture and One-Step Scan to Workflow: Xerox® ConnectKey® for DocuShare captures your documents to business workflows, whether they’re deployed on your organization’s DocuShare server or on a secure DocuShare Private Cloud. ConnectKey® offers simple, one-button scanning, powerful data lookup, and smart document capture that is easily implemented and tightly integrated with your multifunction printer.