Business owners and department heads alike carry a huge weight of responsibility. Choices confront you all day long, from simple decisions like where to host the company picnic to much weightier concerns – like whether or not to improve your workflow by investing in Managed Print Services (MPS).
While the benefits of MPS make it a seemingly uncomplicated decision, the process doesn’t stop there. The bigger challenge looms just behind it. How will you choose a provider?
As you strive to improve or grow your business, the right MPS provider can be an excellent resource. The right one will help you improve the way information flows through your business and also help you to cut your costs – something everyone wants to accomplish. But choosing one is a multilayered process that requires careful consideration. The MPS landscape is littered with terms like systems integration, sustainability, security, and scalability, important factors that can help you save time and money if executed properly – or cause serious damage if not.
You’ll hear many providers saying things you want to hear and making promises that sound good. Many even stand behind recognizable brands. So how do you discover which ones are genuine MPS experts, and which just want to add you to their customer database?
With so much at stake, it’s important to choose the right provider. Here are some factors you may not have considered.
- MPS is about more than cost savings. The right partner will get to know your business, ask the right questions and apply the right tools to understand your environment and identify opportunities to save you both time AND money.
- A whopping 82% of companies have indicated that they’ve had a paper-related data loss. That translates to a loss of time and money – not to mention some unhappy customers. Does your MPS provider have the right tools and experience to keep this from happening to you?
- Is your MPS provider prepared to integrate your solutions with your current IT infrastructure? What can they do to improve your document workflow?
- Work is no longer happening exclusively at the office. What will happen when your employees are in the field or working remotely and they need to print? Enabling mobile printing and connections to cloud applications are essential to employee productivity.
- You’re looking to move beyond where you are today. Is this provider prepared to help your business grow – or to grow with you?
In addition to these stand out concerns, there are also important issues like sustainability and security to address. You’ll also want information on how you’ll be able to track the success of your MPS program so you’ll know you’re getting a return on your investment.
If you’re starting to feel overwhelmed, don’t be. We understand the importance of choosing the right provider, and just how many factors weigh into that decision. That’s why we’ve broken the process down into 8 easy steps. Follow them for the simplest route to finding the right MPS provider for your business.
Download our short ebook on 8 Steps for Choosing the Right MPS Partner, and you’ll be on your way toward a better, faster, leaner print environment for your business.Need help finding a partner? Contact us. Are you in the U.K.? Contact us here.
Share this article on Twitter!
Tweet: How to Choose the Right MPS Provider to Help You Grow Your Business https://ctt.ec/11hfi+ via @XeroxOffice
Subscribe to the Small Business Solutions Blog and receive updates when we publish a new article.