Many small and medium-sized businesses are finding that, as the Internet of Things increasingly connects them with customers and colleagues around the world, their need to translate critical documents is also increasing. But translating documents can be costly.
For example, if you’re paying per word for translation services, a 2000 word document can cost between $500 and $600. Paying per page can run you around $100 per page. If you’re translating a 50-page document – say, a contract or a medical record – those costs can add up quickly. What’s more, it can be a slow process.
Whenever a new business challenge arises, there are always multiple companies looking to provide solutions. But which one is right for your business?
In this post, we’ll explore two easy to use, easy to access translation applications available today: Google Translate and Xerox® Easy Translator Service.
Translating documents doesn't have to be expensive. Discover why the Xerox Easy Translator is the perfect tool for small businesses
Google Translate is a free multilingual machine translation service developed by Google, to translate text from one language into another.
Advantages of Google Translate:
- Accessible 24/7
- Fast – provides translation in just a few seconds.
- Supports over 100 languages at various levels
- Google Translate is NOT confidential. Very few people realize that Google stores everything that is submitted for translation. In fact, federal guidelines prevent many businesses from using Google Translate because the information is transferred over public lines.
- Google Translate offers you a rough translation based on suggested text it discovers online. This means there is a good chance that you are going to receive incorrect content versus the exact translation you need.
Because there is no accuracy check to ensure precise translation or to account for language specific to your vertical, you can never be sure that the translation you’re receiving – and sending along to clients, vendors or other businesses is completely reliable.
Xerox® Easy Translator Service is a comprehensive suite of cloud translation services that are ideal for medium-sized businesses that have the need to translate documents. You can choose from an Express or a Professional translation.Advantages of Xerox® Easy Translator Service
- Provides a choice of instant machine translation or access to full-service human translation right from your MFP – accessible 24/7
- Translates into more than 50 languages
- Creates editable files in a choice of input formats: paper/MFP, phone, PC. You can even translate full presentations while retaining their original formatting
- Expert level human translation service guarantees high-quality translation of even the most complex texts and complicated terminology
- Less labor-intensive and more scalable than traditional translation services
- Though the app resides on Xerox ConnectKey® Technology enables devices, it can print to any MFP, including non-Xerox devices
Xerox® Easy Translator Service is owned and operated by ABBYY USA Software House, Inc. and its suppliers. ABBYY USA Software House, Inc. is a Xerox® Trademark Licensee. Xerox® is a trademark of the Xerox Corporation, used under license.
To get started, visit www.xeroxtranslates.com and start translating today.
Subscribe to the Small Business Solutions Blog and receive updates when we publish a new article.