When it comes to print needs, most of us are only concerned about printing a document right away. Is the printer working? Can we get this presentation printed on time for today’s meeting? The majority of small and medium business owners don’t pay much attention to their printers until it’s time for a replacement – and as often as not, that replacement will be brought in to put out a fire, not because it’s the best machine for long term cost savings.
Forty percent of business processes rely on print1, making it an essential part of the daily routine for virtually every office. If you’re relying on your multifunction printer (MFP) to move information throughout your organization, shouldn’t you choose one that will grow with you during the evolution of your business?
1. The Right Device Makes a Difference in Overall Cost Reduction
Certainly, printers purchased at big-box stores will do the job of pushing paper from desk to desk. But what about the long term? Print costs make up about 15% of a small business budget2, so why not spend smarter and choose an MFP that will grow along with your business?
2. There’s an App for That
With some simple research and the help of a knowledgeable solutions provider, you can find an MFP that does more than push paper. The right device, paired with the right provider, will help you grow your business by streamlining your document workflows, improving productivity and reducing costs.
ConnectKey® enabled MFPs from Xerox use app technology to help you boost your productivity by making everyday tasks simpler and faster. ConnectKey® Apps also help you make the most of your hardware investment by extending the capabilities of your multifunction printers built on Xerox® ConnectKey® Technology. But unlike traditional software, they do not require a dedicated server, PC or IT resource. These lightweight, server-less app solutions can be downloaded right to your ConnectKey® enabled multifunction printer via USB or Xerox CentreWare Internet Services.
3. Ramp Up Growth & Increase Productivity
When you ask a business owner about their goals, one of the first words you’ll hear is growth. If that’s true for your business, the scalability of ConnectKey® enabled MFPs makes them the perfect choice as you move into the future.
Xerox® MFPs built on Connect Key® Technology enable simple tools anyone can use to implement new workflow processes and other tasks, such as:
- Remotely scanning documents with smart devices
- Scan to email to share content with just a few clicks.
- Powerful mobile tools like Wi-fi Direct Certified boost productivity so individuals can print from smart devices without a network connection.
Onboard administration tools also help you address potential issues, enabling multifunction printers built on ConnectKey® Technology to stay more productive, longer.
Additional features that target security and sustainability also go a long way toward future proofing your investment – not to mention reducing your costs and helping you sleep easier at night. Automatic software updates and integrated mobility solutions ensure your MFP will not only move with you into the future, but also keep up with your employees in the field.
4. Go Further with Managed Print Services
The flipside of this (very valuable) coin is managed print. Choosing the right MPS provider can equate to:
- Significant savings starting with simple tweaks such as cutting down on the number of documents you print. A knowledgeable MPS provider can show you exactly where you’re spending unnecessarily and help you adjust your print environment to be leaner and more efficient, adding convenience rather than subtracting from it.
- Time Savings – There are also much bigger issues to solve, like reducing the total time your IT department spends on printing issues. Did you know that 40-60% of help desk calls are print related? On-device access to the full Xerox Online Support Database reduces printer downtime and lets your IT team focus on the tasks that really matter. The right MPS provider can also help you implement security strategies that are both unique to the needs of your business and streamlined for efficiency and ease of use.
5. Select Partners that Understand Your Specific Business Needs
But getting the full value of your investment means working with the right partner. One who will take the time to understand your business, identify opportunities and challenges, and implement strategies that will help you maximize opportunities for your business.
But we’re not just talking about the short term. The right MPS provider should be prepared to grow with you, regardless of changes made in scale or focus. Ask for their machine upgrade policy and be certain they understand your business as a unique entity with its specific needs, assets and challenges.
From non-profit organizations to higher education and mobile workers, experienced MPS providers and ConnectKey® enabled MFPs are revolutionizing the way work gets done. See what these partnerships look like in action, and why these changes aren’t just making today’s office work better, they’re helping to build a better tomorrow.
Let a knowledgeable MPS provider help you future proof your MFP investment and prepare your business for tomorrow’s world. Download our eBook on 8 Steps for Choosing the Right Managed Print Service Provider today.
Share this article on Twitter!
Tweet: Tweet: Want more money in your pocket? How to maximize your printer investment in just five steps. https://ctt.ec/5G020+ via @XeroxOffice
Tweet: Tweet: Will your printer grow with you? How to future proof your MFP and why it matters. https://ctt.ec/2eJpO+ via @XeroxOffice
Subscribe to the Small Business Solutions Blog and receive updates when we publish a new article. [wysija_form id=”1″]